Last updated May 2019
The terms “we”, “us” and “our” are a reference to iFly Consulting Limited and its related companies including iConsult. References to “you” and “your” are a reference to you.
- Personal information collection and use
- Disclosure of information
- How we protect your information
- Accessing your information
- How long we hold your information for
- Changes to this policy
- How to get in touch with us
Personal information collection and use
We collect and use personal information provided by you through your use of the Website and when you apply for and access our products and services. If you choose not to provide personal information to us on request, this may mean we are unable to provide services to you, or it may affect the quality of those services.
We may collect personal information about you through third party service providers, where you have agreed to the release of such personal information to us.
We will not otherwise collect any personal information about you unless we have your permission or you knowingly give us the information.
The type of personal information that we collect will depend on the purpose for which it is collected, but may include:
- Contact information, such as your name, address, phone number, email address.
- Documentation required to verify your identity, such as a passport or driver’s licence number.
- Financial information, such as your statement of position, IRD number, tax status, income sources and value.
- Security information, such as your residential property, vehicle details and personal assets.
- Employment information, such as your current employer, position and work history.
- Bureau information, such as credit history, anti-money laundering and financial terrorism information
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To confirm your identity, contact details, employment, and tax status.
- We collect financial information (income, expenses, debts) to help us assess your creditworthiness to borrow or otherwise to provide you with our services.
- If you are a borrower we may use your personal information to check a third party credit report.
- Communication between you and us related to our products and services.
- To verify your identity or to run a credit check or other checks for the purpose of registering you as a borrower or investor.
- For the purpose of informing you about our other products and services from time to time (subject to your consent).
- To assist us in developing and improving our services.
- To enforce our rights where necessary, in accordance with any contract or other terms and conditions to which you are subject.
- If you provide content to us (such as comments or reviews), to publish that content on our Website.
- To perform statistical analysis of customer behaviour and use of our Website.
- To comply with our legal obligations, including customer due diligence requirements under the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act 2012.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose information about you (including your identity) to a third party for the following purposes:
- Carrying out credit and identity checks.
- Undertaking the collection or recovery of debts.
- Conducting legal proceedings or other investigations.
- Providing our services to you.
- Enabling a third party to provide services to us or to you.
- Providing investors, or prospective investors, with sufficient information to undertake due diligence of your loan and for them to comply with any regulatory or legislative requirements as a lender.
- As otherwise permitted or required by law.
These third parties may include:
- Any company within the iFly Consulting Limited group, including any of their related companies.
- Our professional advisors and consultants.
- Third party service providers (such as IT service providers or market research companies).
- Credit reporting agencies.
- Debt collection agencies.
- Government agencies and regulators.
- Financial institutions.
By accessing and using the Website and providing your personal information to us, you acknowledge and agree that you understand that if we disclose your personal information to a credit reporting agency for the purpose of us providing services to you, that agency may hold your information on their credit reporting database and use it for providing credit reporting services and for any other lawful purpose and that agency may disclose your information to their subscribers for the purpose of credit checking or debt collection or for any other lawful purpose. If you are referred to us for a mortgage from a real estate agent we will confirm to the agent whether or not you are a realistic buyer. This will not include the sharing of any information that might influence the outcome of the property sale.
If you have registered as a borrower and you have asked someone else to register as a co-borrower, each of you acknowledge and agree that:
- you consent to us providing your personal information to the other of you; and
- we will be entitled to accept instructions from either of you in respect of the access to, use of, and amendments to, your personal information by us.
We generally hold your information in New Zealand. However, certain personal information may be transferred and/or stored outside of New Zealand by our third party service providers. Where personal information is transferred outside of New Zealand we will ensure that such third party is subject to comparable privacy laws to New Zealand or is required to protect the personal information in a way that is comparable to New Zealand’s privacy laws.
How we protect your information
Any information captured online is stored on our secure server and in a secured database. IT professionals manage both of these on our behalf. Physical (“hardcopy”) information is stored onsite and our building has a monitored alarm. Please be advised, however, that while we strive to do everything reasonably possible to protect your personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us and we are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personal information where our security measures have been breached. Any transmission of personal information is conducted at your own risk.
Accessing your information
You may request access to the personal information we hold about you by emailing us at email@example.com.
You may also request us to correct the personal information we hold about you by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we are not willing to correct errors that you have identified in your personal information, you may request that we take reasonable steps to attach a statement to the personal information noting the correction request.
How long we hold your information for
We will keep your personal information only for as long as necessary to achieve the purpose we collected it for and in all cases for such periods as we are required to in order to comply with any relevant legislation or regulations.
Changes to this policy
Third party websites
The Website may contain links or references to certain third party websites or material. Information collected by such third parties is governed by that third party’s privacy practices or policies. We accept no responsibility or liability for any third party practices or policies.
How to get in touch with us